Growth hormone has several names: somatotropin , somatropin , somatotropic hormone. Abbreviated as GH, STH, or HGH. It is a hormone of the anterior pituitary gland ( adenohypophysis ). Belongs to the category of peptide hormones, the most numerous class of hormonal compounds.
STH gets its name precisely because it causes accelerated linear (in length) growth in young people. Basically, the increase in growth occurs due to the elongation of the long bones.
Growth hormone: blood norm and a way to check
The normal concentration of growth hormone in the body is 1-5 ng / ml. The peak concentration reaches 10-20 and even 45 ng / ml. Typically, the peak of secretion occurs every 3-5 hours. The greatest concentration occurs at night, about 1 hour after falling asleep. With age, STH is synthesized less and less, so you have to use additional supplements.
The most effective way to test growth hormone is to have a blood test. Almost any laboratory that conducts blood tests can be tested for growth hormone, as well as IGF-1 – insulin-like growth factor 1, which helps to increase natural growth hormone. You can find more information here https://theroids.ws/teratropin-hgh-teragon-labs/.
The role of growth hormone in bodybuilding
Peptides are substances composed of short chains of amino acid residues linked by a peptide bond. Peptide hormones work in the body at the cellular level and are responsible for the functions of an overwhelming number of organs and systems. Peptide compounds are widely used in the sports environment for the production of drugs that increase muscle mass and strength, as well as reduce the percentage of adipose tissue.
For the same reason , growth hormone is used in bodybuilding . Peptide-based preparations are highly effective. They are considered particularly beneficial for people over 45 as they further reduce the signs of aging in the body.
Initially, growth hormone was used only in medicine. Due to its ability to increase muscle mass and reduce fat, it quickly became widespread in sports. But it should be noted that the maximum result from the use of peptides is achieved with adequate nutrition up to 5 times a day with a high content of proteins and carbohydrates and intensive strength training.
How does growth hormone specifically affect the body:
- Promotes muscle growth (anabolic effect).
- t inhibits the processes of muscle destruction (catabolic effect).
- Reduces the percentage of body fat.
- It has a rejuvenating effect.
- Stimulates the growth of organs that gradually atrophy with age.
- Enhances bone growth in people under the age of 26.
The effect of growth hormone on the body is also to accelerate wound healing and generally strengthen the immune system. Some of the effects are directly exerted by somatotropin , while others are mediated by IGF-1, with which the actions of STH are very closely related.
The main reason for the popularity of STH is the ability to reduce the volume of subcutaneous fat. Therefore, growth hormone is used for drying, which aims to obtain a pronounced relief. In connection with large fat loss, the weight of a person for a month of the course of STH increases slightly – by 3-4 kg.
Of the advantages of using growth hormone, it is noted:
- lack of influence on the functions of the reproductive system;
- low incidence of side effects;
- high efficiency;
- lack of androgenic effects.
Cons of growth hormone drugs
The disadvantage of growth hormone preparations is the high cost . In addition, they often try to counterfeit, so there is a chance of stumbling upon a fake.
Even before taking such serious drugs, it is worth taking an STH test and consulting with a specialist. In growth hormone has serious side effects:
- muscle pain, symptoms of arthritis;
- swelling of the limbs;
- an increase in the volume of internal organs;
- hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar) and diabetes mellitus.
To prevent side effects, somatropin should be used strictly according to the instructions, and an experienced doctor should do the injections. Pain is a clear sign of an overdose.
How to boost growth hormone naturally
The effect of growth hormone in bodybuilding can be achieved by consuming certain foods and adhering to a number of rules. One way is fasting. For example, you can skip eating for 8 hours a day. This is very easy to do, since a person should normally spend that amount of time at night.
Growth hormone is produced throughout the night and continues to be synthesized in the morning until the person eats breakfast. This is due to the fact that STH is an antagonist of insulin released during food intake. When a person does not eat, insulin is not produced, and growth hormone, on the contrary, is synthesized in large quantities. According to research, one day of fasting is equal to 5 units of growth hormone administered with the help of drugs. More details here https://theroids.ws/.
How to boost growth hormone:
- sleep at least 8 hours a day (STH is produced in greater quantities during sleep);
- exercise regularly, focusing on strength loads (aerobic exercise seriously increases the level of growth hormone);
- become hardened, since sudden changes in temperature contribute to an increase in the synthesis of STH;
- eat foods that stimulate the synthesis of growth hormone;
- eliminate fatigue, stress and emotional stress (worsen the production of STH);
- use special sports supplements that stimulate the synthesis of STH.
If we talk about which foods contain growth hormone, then it makes no sense to look for such. There are only foods that enhance the production of STH by the body itself. This category includes:
- meat and fish;
- dairy products;
- chicken eggs;
- buckwheat and oatmeal;
- pumpkin seeds, pistachios, cashews.
Pumpkin seeds and watermelons especially strongly stimulate the secretion of growth hormone , since they contain a huge amount of L-arginine, an amino acid that enhances the synthesis of growth hormone .
How to increase growth hormone: safe drugs
Some types of sports food help increase growth hormone. Unlike STH drugs, they are cheaper, do not have such side effects and serious restrictions on their use. Young athletes who train in the gym are not recommended to use STH preparations to pump up muscles. It is better for them to choose stimulants for the synthesis of their own growth hormone .
So, drugs that stimulate growth hormone include:
- Arginine – L-Arginine. Conditionally nonessential amino acid used in sports nutrition as a nitrogen donor. It creates favorable conditions in the body for the synthesis of STH.
- DAA – D-Aspartic Acid. Its functions include stimulating the production of various hormones, including growth hormone, follicle-stimulating and luteinizing .
- GABA – gamma-aminobutyric acid. A non-proteinogenic amino acid that acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter of the nervous system. Improves the quality of sleep, which indirectly affects the production of STH.